Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 18 - Tombe la Neige

I have been watching this couple for two months or so. They have been standing here without moving an inch, one next to the other with their front wheels nearly perfectly allined. No big deal, but there is something very human about them, all too human as Nietzsche would have put it. Such things sometimes strike my imagination and at the same time make me wonder about how obvious my impression is to others. The only way to justify the need of expressing your most sentimental feelings about life is to let the rusty non-organic matter organized in form of a mechanical mashine bear it. The organic matter just wouldn't hold it. Imagine all these cute kittens or flowers carefully arranged in a Japanese vase - you try it, you end up with a pile of appalling kitch. I am talking about all this not for the sake of some abstract theorization, but because I have tried it all and the process of looking for the right tone has been constantly causing me an almost physical pain. Yes, I am generalizing about the organic and non-organic, but the fact is that I have doomed myself to a very doubful and time consuming kind of search for the only right way of colliding the form against its content, hoping to generate some highly unstable particle that I am not even sure exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment