Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25 - Shanghai


Well, I have just come across this very old poem of mine. I first wrote it in Russian, but it always felt like an awkward translation (maybe it is just awkward), so I have decided to translate it into English to see if it would make it better that way. Well, there we go:

Kirin beer

it's easy to believe that faces multiply
but some soar eyes with familiarity
licking off words from your lips
I wouldn’t bother drinking more Kirin beer

I couldn’t imagine I could ever be with you
and, well, I was almost right
but one’s destiny sometimes hides in a tiny gap
between the reality and a deep breath

a summer day got entangled in sordid autumn linen
and nobody stopped to throw a dime into its hat
bored cops grabbed it and threw it into a lock-up
You were my last chance

No comments:

Post a Comment